Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 June 2007

Cool Link

A little background:

I've been a member of the Arachne lace email list since about 1995. Although I've never made bobbin lace, twelve years of exposure to bobbin lacemakers' web pages and emails has given me some familiarity with it.

I've seen a lot of lace pillows, but check out this bobbin lacemaking machine:

Go to Wilhelm Rehage KG. Click on the UK flag for English, then click on "Video" in the sidebar. Wow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is completely off topic but I came across your blog when trying to decide if the Leclerc Artisat I'm buying this weekend will fit into my 2001 Honda CRV (older body style). What are the dimensions that it needs. I don't really mind if it has to tilt since I'm not going to be taking it places very often, I just need to get it home. Thanks!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter