Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



10 July 2007

I'm Back

I don't like to broadcast even to my double handful of readers when I'm gone. But I'm happy to say that I'm back.

My husband, son, and I all went to Origins, a big gaming convention in beautiful Columbus, Ohio. We went for the whole show, from Wednesday, July 4th, through Sunday. The guys played games, shopped the vendor hall (full of more gaming stuff than you've ever heard of in your life, even if you are a fellow gamer), and I took the child off to COSI and the Columbus Zoo.

I even got up to Knitter's Mercantile:
A lovely ball of Misti Alpaca, two different blue shades of Kid Merino, a US size 0 Inox circ. and since I nearly finished knitting the acrylic baby yarn socks at Origins, a ball of "real" sock yarn.

The picture looks a little dark on my monitor -- the sock yarn is Supersocke 100, Highland Color 838, shades of green, turquoise and teal plied with black. The Kid Merino colors are 9802 Ultrablues and 435 Blueberries-Grapes.

I think I got into Galina Khmeleva's "Introduction to Orenburg Lace" class at the Michigan Fiber Festival (at least, they've cashed my check, rather than sending it back), so I'm hoping the lace weight yarns will find an interesting use after I take that.

Four more weeks until the fiber festival -- I can hardly wait!

Tomorrow I hope to get in a catching-up post, but today I have to catch up on laundry!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jazmin said...

*sniff* I am so jealous. I wanted to get to Origins this year, but it just didnt work out timing wise or money wise. It's so nice to hear of someone outside my gaming circle having gone, even if not to game! :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Bells said...

Nice stash! I'm sure I've heard of Misti Alpaca. It looks lovely!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter