Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



29 June 2007

Another Use for Catnip

Female ruby-throated hummingbirds have finally found my hummingbird feeder, but since the catnip came into bloom, they prefer the catnip flowers!

I really really love my new camera. 7.1 megapixels, and I can take a stop-motion photo of a hummingbird's wings right through the window screen.

Why do I have catnip growing in the fenced yard where the dogs hang out? I don't know: it just showed up.

So there you have it: a fenced dog yard with catnip growing in it and hummingbirds feeding on it.

PS: I found the "Zoo Thing"! It's a wolf-eel, Anarrhichthys ocellatus. Now that I have its name, it's easy to find more information on them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I'm so glad you figured out the wolf eel. It was in the back of my mind...what IS that thing? :-)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Bells said...

will you look at that photo! We don't get hummingbirds here - but I've always loved them. And I adore catnip (which shows up everywhere in my garden too - such a great self sewer). That photo is really beautiful.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous photo AND camera (adding that to my wish list!). I'm anticipating lots and lots of great photos in the future!
I tried to plant catnip this year and managed to "drown" every single plant! Oh well, who needs a cat high on catnip anyway.. :-)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter