Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



17 June 2007

News

I'm still a little dehydrated and tired out, but exhilarated -- yesterday we went to Border War, one of the bigger local SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) events, and I was completely gobsmacked at court in the evening when I finally received an AoA!

Yes, yes, I know, an Award of Arms is usually given when you've been in the SCA for a couple of years, and not "years and years" like I have. But for my first years, I participated in starting up a canton at a distance of about 100 miles. (Literally 100 miles.) That, among other things, made it hard to volunteer for the things I'm good at and participate at the level that gets noticed.

Plus I'm an introvert, and perfectly happy to sit in court and watch other people get awards.

Now I'm participating in starting up a second canton at a much shorter distance, and in the last couple of years I've brought my floor loom to an event and taught two classes in netmaking at large events and one in fingerloop braiding at a smaller one.

Between that and showing up at meetings, now you can all call me "Lady" Alwen. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter