Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 June 2007

Scribes Rock!

People who work as scribes (calligraphers and illuminators) in the Society for Creative Anachronism rock!

(I took this picture from one side and rotated it -- that's why the miniatures look crooked at the bottom. In real life they are straight.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger tatt3r said...

That is awesome! Congratulations on your award. I recognize you in the miniatures, you with a loom, and standing by the podium. But what is the middle one? Are you carrying water? What does that represent?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Very cool! Is that on real vellum???

The only thing I see wrong with it is the proper use of perspective in the miniatures. Haha.

Congratulations again.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Very nice scroll.
I hope the weather was as nice at your event as it was at AEThelmearc 10th Year.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter