Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



09 January 2008

Almost-Finished Object

After all the non-knitting content, here is the Valdani crochet thread bag I've been knitting for lo these many months.

When I was knitting stockinette, the top of the bag was curling up severely. I switched to ribbing more so it wouldn't curl at the top than to draw it in, although the cotton has drawn in a little.

What you can't see is that halfway up the ribbing, I put in double yarnovers to make drawstring holes. Stealth Brain finally handed me a solution for how to space them in the k3, p3 ribbing: k1, k2tog, YO twice, p2tog, p1.

That way, on the following plain round, I was automatically knitting one and purling one into the double YO.

The needles are literal eyed needles, Dritz doll needles, that measure 1.1mm right on the button, 0.1mm larger than a 5-0.

About six more rounds will finish the bag. Then I'll bind off and probably make a pair of fingerloop braids for drawstrings.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

They are so tiny. I think they would give me a headache from trying to see the tiny stitches. But how beautifully it is coming out!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy moly. Gorgeous. I love a fine gauge and tiny stitches!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

That's a lovely bag, and your solution to the eyelets is perfect! I wish I had a Stealth Brain...

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter