Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



18 January 2009

Ready for a Break

I love snow.

I love chocolate, too. If I ate chocolate as often as we have had snow over the past couple of weeks, I would probably be as tired of it as I am of yet another day of snow.

I live in an area of Michigan that has been under a winter storm warning again all day today. Both my husband and I have been out shovelling the driveway, and I raked the roof edges again for the first time in a week.

At this rate, I'll be able to go up on the roof and shovel the peak, and if I fall off into the snowpiles I've already raked off, it will only be a three- or four-foot drop.

Yesterday we had a bit of a lull between storms, and I took trash away and ran some errands in town.
I treated myself to something that was not white: On-line Supersocke New Wave color 1088.

I seem to have accumulated a lot of sock yarn, but my sock drawer is getting a little full. I've been mulling over knitting gloves for myself, or maybe trigger mittens (mittens with an index finger and thumb). Not for shooting - for changing the radio buttons. But I promised myself I will finish the socks I have on the needles first.

When it's snowing this hardeven the cardinal will eat suet.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

I can't imagine I will ever get tired of chocolate lol:, but I am like you tired of snow! Dreaming of summer and long vacation, but as soon as I look out the window I'm back in a white snow chaos... Beautiful sock yarn!

7:20 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Migration, hibernation or exasperation seems to be the only options for dealing with winter. 'Sno wonder you are getting tired of it by now!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

That colorful sock yarn looks like an excellent antidote to all of that snow! There's *way* too much of it there -- y'all need a break.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Is it just me, or is there a ridiculous amount of snow pretty much everywhere this winter?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Great Lakes Taiko Center said...

I never get tired of snow until around the middle of March. Wish we had more here...

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter