Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



02 January 2009

2008 in Review

Last year I did an end-of-year meme where you re-post the first sentence from your first blog post of each month of the past year. I liked that one enough to do it again. If you like it, you are hereby tagged!

January - Warming-Up Exercises: "Yep. Looks like the pterodactyl's got me."

February - Oops. Missed Silent Poetry Reading: "Which is weird, because I have a lunar phase poster from Celestial Products on my refrigerator, and I keep track of solstices and equinoxes and cross-quarter days."

March - With an Irrational and Giggly Love: "That's how I love weather forecasts like tonight's forecast for Monday".

April - Bra-a-a-a-ains: "I think there's a rule or a law or something that says Zombies have to say that."

May - Phoebe!: "I go in and out of my front door all the time."

June - Fixing Stuff, Knitting, Four O'clocks Again: "First we fixed the water heater: drain, rinse out a couple of inches of accumulated lime bits, replace both elements."

July - Bloody. Weird.: "We've had wet weather and a lot of deer flies have hatched out, so I just now took my walk in the late evening hoping to miss the worst of them."

August - I Picked Blackberries: "I'm covered with tiny stinging red scratches."

September - It's Here!: "Besides our regular soapstone woodstove from the Woodstock Soapstone Company, we now have this:"

October - No News / Not Sinking: "No news on the maybe-deployment front."

November - Linky Post: "Must.Share.Cuteness:"

December - Asparagus in the Snow: "Last week Bells posted a mouthwatering photo of grilled asparagus, and so I was thinking of getting a picture of an asparagus field in the snow."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

What a wonderfully random review, and that weather forcast made me giggle.

Happy New Year!

word verification: auttic

Some kind of high-class attic, perhaps?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What a great review! I think I'll have to try that. Watch out for the pteridactyls this year!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What a great year in review!

4:05 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Gloriously random, but it makes it clear to me what a looooooooooooong winter you have.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Very well put together review. I enjoy reading it.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter