Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



07 December 2009

Once Upon A Time...

Once upon a time, there was an awesome blogger who had a drawing on her blog.

And I went there and read this:

" The Random Number Generator ...

... has spoken and the number it chose was 9! Also known as Alwen! Alwen, if you would be so kind as to email me your mailing address I will get your yarn into the mail post haste!
"

And I thought I had sent April my mailing address. I really did. After a couple of weeks, when I would drive down my driveway and see my mail box by the road, I would think, "I should check my email sent box and make sure I sent her my mailing address."

I have one of those positional memories: if I'm taking a walk, I notice the grapevines and think, Must remember to bring the pruners down here.

In the house, leaving for the walk, I don't remember the pruners. Only on the walk, when I see the things I want to prune out of my way.

Finally, at the bottom of the driveway one day, I scrawled myself a cryptic note: Check sent email - April - mailing address?

And eventually, after searching through a couple of email addresses and their Sent boxes, I realized that NO, I had never sent her my address. So I sent a very apologetic, hand-over-face embarrassed email and got an immediate response.

And Friday:

Three balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed. The color is called "Cocoa" but to me it's more of an oatmeal or maybe a granola, with tiny bits of burgundy in it.

I think it wants to be a hat.

Thank you so much, April, and I apologize again for taking so long to get back to you.

Meanwhile, those of you who have been waiting for me to have snow: we're getting snow.When I took the photo, brilliant sunshine and snowflakes.

I hope this tufted titmouse soaked it up, because it's overcast and gray now!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

cocoa, oatmeal, granola... whatever. now I want to eat your yarn!! Oatmeal and cocoa sounds about perfect for that weather, though!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Personally I've always much preferred watching snow than living in it...

Really really want that yarn!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

alls I gotta say is that my daughter and I are running around the house yelling
TUFTED TITMOUSE at the tops of our lungs.

heh.

6:19 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

snow plus sunshine - does that mean you get snowbows?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, snow! I'm sure much more fun looking at it from over here (where it's wet and windy and wild). The yarn is gorgeous -- I'm glad you checked that sent mail (and glad to know that I'm not the only person who only ever remembers things when I am reminded by a situation).

8:38 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We got our little bit of wet whiteness and are expecting more tonight (along with "wind driven rain"). If the weather guy said that once this morning, he said it a dozen times. Way to make people worried and have the bread/milk shelves be emptied. All for some windy rain.

8:13 AM  
Blogger April said...

Have fun with the yarn, I think it'll make a lovely hat too!

3:57 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Love the paw paw/papaya post - we had custard apples in winter in queensland - and let me tell you, custard apple icecream is totally dreamy!

we have bumble bees in Tasmania, a lovely import, smuggled in about a decade ago by tomato and capsicum growers. They are foreign, but cute as buttons!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Lovely treats, and I LOVE that snow - bliss. Well, bliss for a while I imagine, and a pain after a bit longer ... but I always prefer a snowy winter Christmas (as opposed to the summer Christmasses I mostly have).

3:54 AM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Lucky girl, that yarn looks lovely! Here the snow comes and goes, it is warm - then cold, hmmm we have so much snow all winter so I WANT some during X-mas :-)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter