Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



12 November 2009

True Colors

I took this photo on my cutting board and realized that if you saw the stargate in person, after only ever seeing it on my blog, you would probably be surprised when you saw the real color.

The first thing I noticed was that my cutting board is much more yellow than it was showing up.

So I sat down with camera and its manual and played around with the settings until I got a little closer to what I was seeing.This picture of the purl side is really close.


If you click for the bigger photo, you'll see some of the barber pole colors that I'm enjoying while I knit. (No) thanks to optical blending that blurs these into duller colors, but at least the knitting never becomes boring while I'm doing it.

The center of the ball has more changes and surprises waiting for me.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, those are really pretty colors! It's definitely brighter than I'd thought it was -- I like it :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

Those colors are really pretty. I can't wait to see how things change as you knit further into the ball.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

What fun!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love knitting with yarn that changes colors like that, especially if I don't know what's next.

Those colors are sooo pretty.

6:34 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

I still marvel how the bright yellow came juat at the tips of the petals. Wayyyy cool!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

colours in knitting can be so surprising!

2:26 AM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

I have said it before, but I must say it again; lovely colors!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter