Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



26 October 2009

Back on the Maybe-Deployment Treadmill

I took the child up for the fourth and last section of the MEAP (science), stopped for gas, and headed home.

And I promptly got a call from my husband saying that once again there's a good chance his unit will get deployed.

*sigh*

We've faced this possibility so many times in the last several years that I think my panic mode is burned out.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Deep sigh.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh. Boy. Hang in there...

4:15 PM  
Blogger  Lona said...

Oh man. No words. Keep us posted.

6:33 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Guess that is what happens when you have heard it many times. I kross my knitting needles for good hope... And I love the colors in your lace - so beautiful!

5:31 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Maybe? They don't KNOW? Why fash you with maybe? When WILL they know? Idiots! Prayers and hugs. Better a maybe and an eventual no, though your poor over-squeezed adenal glands probably don't agree with me.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, spermob! (That was my verification word, but doesn't it just seem to fit the situation??)

Hope the news is quick and good.

1:11 PM  
Blogger @eloh said...

So sorry.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It doesn't seem fair to put your life upside down emotionally for "maybe". I'm hoping maybe turns into no.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter