Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



15 October 2009

A Puddle of White Lace

I'm out to round 43 of Chart B, and up to ten needles. I guess I must be over the fear of double-pointed knitting needles that led me to learn to knit socks on a knitting frame.
These two pieces are the same pattern ("Lilac Time" by Marianne Kinzel) and are out to the same chart row, but it's much easier to get a picture of the white one.
Our weather continues overcast and rainy. This has been a very chilly and rainy October so far. I was looking at the weather records, and October is often variable, with highs up in the 80s F and lows down around 20 F. Right now we are hovering on the low edge of normal, with light rain and light snow in tonight's forecast.
Back in September I took a picture of some of the white asters, and the first picture reminded me of it.

Right at the end of September, it started to rain and turned chilly, and we haven't had a day warmer than 62 F (17 C) since!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger TinkingBell said...

All so beautiful and all so delicate! spring seems hardly to have arrived here - the plants know it but not us - sigh

I want warmer drier weather....

6:20 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

The lace is looking gorgeous!

We're having craptacular weather here too. Ugh.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Both pieces look lovely -- it's amazing what a difference the yarn makes, isn't it? I mean, it's not like we don't know, but sometimes it's interesting to see the comparisons side-by-side.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

It is very interesting to see how different the lace looks in the coloured yarn. I can see how it's hard to photograph - I bet the lace pattern shows up much better in person. I quite like the extra dimension of the stripes and the lace together.

7:12 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Lovely knitting, the lace is so beautiful! We are having so much sun so far this fall, and I am so happy with it. Well - exept for the snow :-) The weatherforecast say that next week the rain and cold weather will start - this weekend we will just enjoy :-)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That is amazing. I was going to say 10 NEEDLES!!!!! but then I realized that just like socks on dpns, it doesn't really matter how many needles you have, you're always working with only two.

Rain here, too. Cold rain.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Becky Dempsey said...

I keep staring at the 2 different laces and they look different to me. The white one has the petals arranged in 2 clovers on either end, where the colored one seems to have 2 parallel lines of 3 petals side by side. Maybe it's the color playing a trick on me?! They look great!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Your lace is stunning! The two runners will both be beautiful - and a bit different because of the different yarns. It will be very interesting to compare them when done.

PA set a record last week for the earliest snowfall. Makes me worry for what the winter will be like!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter