Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 October 2009

I Better Knit Faster!

I'm about a third through the yarn and about a quarter through the charts.

This weekend we had our annual party, where we invite people over, make a bonfire, and hang out by it. We have enough land so people can camp out by the fire pit if they want.

We usually provide some food and bring up mead from the basement, um, meadery? And everybody brings potluck food so there's plenty to eat.

This year, we ended up having it later in the year than usual, and in the last three weeks, we had about six scattered days where it didn't rain. We got almost another half-inch of rain on Friday.

So we weren't too surprised to have a lot lower turnout than usual.

On the other hand, the rain left us alone on Saturday (those little sprinkles in the afternoon didn't count!), and we didn't have to worry about fire danger. And it was chilly enough that I didn't see a single mosquito.
I didn't get much knitting done.

But I got to show off the mini-stove.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, that sounds like fun! And low fire danger is a good thing :) You're welcome to send some rain this way anytime you get tired of it, btw. :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

So, do you allow these campers to use your indoor plumbing? It sounds like a lovely, lazy way to spend a weekend as long as a hot shower and a flush toilet are involved.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That sounds like a wonderful early fall party. And I hear you about all the rain. This has been a rather wet year for us, too. At least we won't have to worry about droughts!

10:38 AM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

That sounds so fun and cozy! Your knitting is beautiful, can't wait to see more of it :-)

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter