Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



12 October 2009

I Blinked

Thursday, the kid and I went for a walk. On the way back, he was complaining that his toes were rubbing in the end of his shoes - shoes we just bought a couple of months ago.

Friday his dad was going to take him someplace, and I pulled out a pair of running shoes I bought for myself last fall and hardly wore.

They fit the kid perfectly.

Yesterday morning it was cold out. The floors were chilly. I pulled a pair of handknit woolly socks out of my drawer.

Hmmmm . . .

Yes.

I blinked.

And suddenly the child is ten, and he can wear my socks.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Virginia G said...

I still haven't quite figured out how that happens.

Where does the time go?

6:28 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

Ten years isn't really all that long is it, when you look back on it. The decades roll around. Sigh.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

And suddenly it's my birthday next week.

My mother just laughs at me!

7:02 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Time runs so fast, before you know it he is taller than you too :-)

6:35 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Tape your eyelids open. The next time you blink, he'll be 15, trying to shave, rolling his eyes and drawling, "Whatever." Hope he appreciaates the socks!

8:56 AM  
Blogger KCB said...

Hide them now! Rocketboy has intentionally or accidentally pilfered many of my socks and workout clothes.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Sigh. I'm right there with you, sister. PJ is currently in Grandma's size, but my feet are somewhat larger so I don't expect to be losing shoes (again) till he's 11, that's how old E. was when he started that. Note to self: buy pink shoes! ;-)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter