Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



05 April 2010

Our Weather, Highs and Lows

Did I ever mention that our weather is nuts?

I took the blue cow's photo on March 19th, a beautiful sunny day in the 60s F (around 16 or 17 C), when we went out to Sherman's Dairy Bar for our very first ice cream of the season.

I took this one the next morning. It snowed all day.

Two weeks later, look at this: green and sunny!

Okay, green and sunny and purple and scented with violets:

Last week, we had three days in a row at or near 80 F (27 C)! I'm not really a fan of weather this warm in spring, because it speeds it up too much for me. Flowers pop out and wither in a day.

Time sped up enough when our son was born - I don't need the weather to contribute to my feeling of being in a time-lapse film.

Not to mention when it's so seductively warm and gorgeous outdoors, I have a hard time staying inside and knitting, even on pretty things like this.

I'm out to row 91 on chart D, finally, on both versions of Kinzel's Lilac Time. It's pretty hard to show the stargate anymore. It's all crowded on the needle and looks like a fluffy woolly skunk cabbage.

I really should take a picture of how much yarn I have left of the original ball of Daphne, because it's looking more and more like I'll have to use the Jojoland Harmony to finish.

Especially if I knit on a border all the way around!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Border knitting... I feel your pain!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Wow, that is some crazy weather you've got going there! At least ours comes in bands according to elevation :) The violets are gorgeous, though; I do wish we got violets here...

7:02 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

ok, this phrase had me snarfing my water: "fluffy woolly skunk cabbage"

Can't wait to see it done. I haven't had the patience to work on something for as long as you've been working on the stargate...

10:07 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

This looks like heaven to me lol, here we still have snow... Actually it is snowing today... Crazy weather or not, I prefer your temperature before the one we have here - I am soooo fed up with winter!

8:55 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

First thought: "There's a blue cow on that roof."
Second thought: "That's a shitload of snow!"
third thought:"I want to loll on my belly amidst your violets and inhale till I faint."

the stargate rocks! And Franklin is a freaking genius!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Our weather hasn't been quite that extreme but not normal either. It's heading toward 90 today and that's way too warm. All my favorite spring flowers will be gone too soon.

The lace is gorgeous!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter