Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



15 March 2010

Snow Go

A quick photo essay before I take myself off to my first lace group meeting in months.

We still had a lot of snow last Monday, when I took pictures of the winter aconite in bloom.



You can just see through the trees off to the east that the fields still had patchy snow on them.

The yard and our property off to the south still had a lot of snow.

Then on Tuesday, I saw bluebirds!


By Thursday, the snow was in retreat. Thursday night we had our first hard rain.

And now that the yard is dry, Truffles and Ajax want to know, "Can we go out?"

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Those are two eager looking pups! It's fun to start seeing the unmistakable signs of spring...

5:57 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Over the last 30 years I've planted hundreds winter aconite blubs and never seen a single one come up and bloom.

Some rodent must love eating them.

It was fun to see yours in bloom. Also the bluebirds!

6:10 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Betcha those good dogs will find mud in under two minutes. Hooooray for aconite and bluebirds!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Is that the same aconite I give my kids when they have a cough? (Aconite and spongia--wonderful homeopathic remedy for croup.)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

It's so awesome to be able to get outside again...

Have your snowdrops bloomed?

9:59 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Oh you lucky one, still no signs of flowers here... Only snow... Great photos!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Wasn't it nice to see the ground again? There are some large piles around even after 68 degree days. It'll take a while for them all to melt.

Bluebirds! We have Jays in the area (noisy nasty birds) but no bluebirds.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter