Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



18 February 2010

Sunny with Socks On

We are having a sunny, sunny, sunny day! It's so bright out there, when you come in, everything looks green for a while. But it's nice to see the sun and blue sky again.And it's warm! 35 F (2 C)!

Last January I swore off sock knitting for myself after counting eighteen pairs of handknit socks in my sock drawer. My husband wears Army-issue socks, and our son's feet are growing so fast he can wear my socks right now! (Don't blink.)

But I missed sock knitting. I finally caved and cast on a quick pair of Wool-Ease socks Monday afternoon.These are a lot like the ones in this post (was it really that long ago?), except they have Wool-Ease at the toes and on the sole.

I just started knitting the short-row heel turn this morning. The heel will be all Wool-Ease, then I'll probably alternate yarns until I run out of the colored yarn.

It must be winter: black, white, and knitting in color.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

Warm *and* sunny! Almost unheard of in Michigan winters;) I'm about to run out and take some photos while I can, lol! Cool socks. I wish I knew how knit.

3:38 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Woolease is good for socks? Awesome! I'm a bit ashamed to like it, but it sure does the job, doesn''t it?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Wasn't it nice to see the blue sky and the sun? All that light reflected off the snow does wonders for the winter blahs.

I have a bunch of woolease. I never thought about it for socks. I wonder why. It's warm and WASHABLE!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm on a Wool Ease sock jag and have infected at least one of my knitting friends. They're great for keeping my feet warm, and who wouldn't love machine wash and dry socks! I've never knit socks toe-up so I'd love to know what pattern you're using, and how are you joining the colored yarn to make just the top of the foot?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Those look like terrific socks to me! We could all use a little color. Around here the winter has been cold but unusually bright, and now the jig is up: after today we have nearly a week of snow/rain/sleet/snow/whatever forecast as that infernal Greenland block settles in again.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

I like the pretty colors on that sock. Very nice.

I hope it's still a little warmer where you are right now. We're still having 40 degree weather in NYC.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter