Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



17 December 2009

Dry Wall Dust Again

Just a couple paragraphs to bring things up to date.

At the end of October, my husband was told that his unit was very likely up for deployment next year.

This threw a lot of schedules into disarray: for example, drill schedules (because lots of extra training would have to happen before deployment), vacation and holiday schedules (no point in buying tickets or reserving hotel rooms for Origins if he was gone), home improvement schedules (he was going to work on the dome windows as his winter project, but that was out if he ended up at training schools for two or three weeks a month).

He decided to schedule the carpenter who boxed in the windows to come back and do the drywall, so all that detail work would get done.

So once again I've been living in a cloud of drywall dust and smutches of drywall mud. Bleh. I'm still knitting, but I feel gritty.

And this morning, he got an email that said this round of troop deployment would be "sourced elsewhere".

My nerves by this time feel like one of those dry rubber bands you find in the back of the kitchen junk drawer.

8 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oy. Talk about a lot of ups and downs and waiting and not knowing! I'm so relieved to hear that he's not going right now, though!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Oh! I'm glad he's not going, but it must be hard waiting for it to maybe happen, on and off!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Silver Palace Soaps said...

Blessed magic, that's what it is!!!

10:53 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

On the other hand, he won't be deployed. Yayyy!!! Typical military SNAFU.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Becky Dempsey said...

What a roller coaster! Hopefully things will settle down for a nice long time!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

What a roller-coaster! Thinking of you.

11:42 AM  
Blogger  Lona said...

For those of us not "in" on the military lingua franca, does "sourced elsewhere" mean good news? It seems so from other comments. I hope so.

5:07 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Oh I understand your feeling, this can not be easy to live with. I too hope "elsewhere" is good news!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter