Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



16 December 2009

Young Enough to Learn

I was reading Donna's post about being fascinated by words, and I thought I'd share a kid story.

The other night I told our son my mom aggro radius increased every time I had to repeat what I told him to do.

He gave me a surprised look. "Do you even know what that means?" he asked.

"Why don't you explain it to me," I said, "and I'll tell you if that's how I meant it."

So he carefully explained a World of Warcraft monster's aggro range, and I agreed that that was how I meant it.

"What's your aggro radius right now?" he asked cautiously.

"About arm's length," I said. "Now GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

heh, love it!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Aggro radius. I gotta remember that. thanks!

8:20 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Hehe cute :-) Wonder if we was like that at that age :-)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

Awesome.

Just plain awesome.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I am so going to use that on my daughter who plays D&D! I wonder if I can throw it into the conversation tonight.....

8:56 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love it! I've got to remember that one; my aggro radius also decreases rapidly relative to the number of repetitions it takes to get anything done -- I wonder if my students would understand that one, too?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, too funny. Hit them in their secret vocabulary!

Great news about that sourcing elsewhere.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter