Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



10 February 2010

Now the Birds Enjoy Our Tree

When I took the Christmas tree outside, I jammed it into the hardened snow pile leftover from raking the roof in December and January, and there it stands, upright. Even though juncoes have been hopping all over it for a week, the needles are still hanging on!

For once we had a winter storm warning and our area of the lakeshore didn't get buried in snow. We got a nice little fall that makes everything look white and fresh again.

My husband took a couple of hours off in the morning and cleared the driveway with the snowblower, especially the drift across the end where the drive crosses the drainage ditch next to the road.

After he went to work, I took the bucket of wood ash and sprinkled it on the driveway to give him more traction when he gets home.

The local webcam has a nice view of the South Haven light today. I grabbed this screen shot at 12:30.
An hour or so later, the wind had picked up, the waves were a bit higher, and the channel was starting to fill with pack ice.
Now the channel is full of slushy ice - not a good day to walk out on the pier!
But a good day to knit away on the Stargate.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Virginia G said...

I'm loving everybody's winter photos recently. I miss the shore during the winter. Although I say that having just posted pictures of the Hudson frozen over in NYC. yeah, I'm' on crack.

Anyway, the stargate looks fabulous. Love it!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, that water makes me cold just looking at it! I have to admit that I'm wishing we saw snow more, and I'm glad that we're heading to the mountains for spring break this year -- but I do know that shovelling it every day is a different story!

6:33 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Burzy Wurzy it looks cold out there!

What a great thing to do with an old Christmas tree. A junco condo!

Stargate is sooooo awesome.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I like the shots of the lighthouse. The color of the water screams winter.

1:21 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Looks like a day for knitting :-) Your Stargate is beautiful!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter