Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



01 February 2010

Stove Sparks and Other Stories

Last night my husband poked the burning osage orange wood and annoyed it.

It sparked for about ten minutes straight. It sounded like he was burning sparklers in there!

The sparks shot right out the narrow, half-closed slits of the door damper. Fortunately the stove sits on a concrete floor and they can't reach anything burnable.

Here's another:
(I also enjoy lightning, in case you were wondering.)

Hey, look! The Stargate, aka Soap Bubble Stole, has not been abandoned. I started knitting on it again, ummmmm, a couple of weeks ago.

I was getting nervous that I would run out of yarn before knitting the last couple of charts. I started looking around on Ravelry to find out the status of Elegant Yarn's Daphne and found not one, not two, but four yarns identical to the Daphne.

Three of them I'm pretty sure are identical. The fourth, Jojoland Harmony, is definitely identical.

I ordered it from The Yarn and Fiber Company on Monday and had two out of three balls (the third was back ordered) by Friday. Whew. Now I can knit and not wonder whether the yarn or the pattern will finish first.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Lightning is great fun... provided you're not sitting under a tree on top of a hill, that is!

6:58 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Fireworks! Whee!! We used to make bonfires with pine, and the occasional pitch pocket would flare and whistle quite excitingly.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, that's good news; I always hate that race to the finish -- who will come to a stop first, me or the yarn? And I, too, love lightning, although oddly, not sparklers. I wonder why that is?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter