Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



05 February 2006

Mrs. Tigs in All Her Glory

The heels of the "Two Socks At Once" with knitting needles everywhere!

Friday I worked on these and was full of energy as I did the decreasing short rows. But Friday night we went to a canton meeting of our local Society for Creative Anachronism group.

Saturday I checked Knitting Around out from the library, then went to a lecture about costume design, followed by lunch and a couple of hours of creating bleach-discharged fabric swatches for the Michigan League of Handweavers' newsletter. Afterwards I did some grocery-shopping and went home in time for dinner.

I spent the evening reading and haven't gotten back to knitting yet.

After our last snow, we have had warmer weather (40 degrees F) and the snow had all melted. We got another layer last night. I wonder how long it will last?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter