Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



20 May 2006

The Other "Brown Leaf" Bookmark

As long as I was working with US size 1 knitting needles, I took out the second "Brown Leaf" bookmark that I had not finished. I managed to work two rows before I decided that I had wanted a "slip slip knit" instead of a "knit 2 through the back" two rows back! So I ended the night having knitted, frogged, and knitted back to where I was.

Sometimes, like Alice in Wonderland, I have to knit as fast as I can just to stay in the same place. (But unlike the sheep in "Through the Looking Glass", I am not quite up to knitting with fourteen pairs at once. Yet.)

I'm not sure where this Pi doily is going. Now that I've been working the leaf lace again, I might put a round of leaves in there. I think if I start on the next round one repeat will fit.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter