Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



08 July 2006

Un-Scrumpley Pi

Not the best picture, but here is the Pi doily laced to my pizza pan for blocking. After washing it, I decided the best way to deal with the differences in the thread colors was to tea-dye it, and you see the results. It came out the typical "rosy brown" ecru that tea stains usually turn in my water.

I'm not 100% happy with the color, but it mostly conceals the brown blotches on some of the thread, and the spot halfway around the border where I started using an ecru thread and a white thread held together.

Next time I start a Pi doily, I'll start with the good thread instead of the dregs of my stash!

I haven't been knitting much the last couple of days. Thursday I was folding some clean laundry I had hung outdoors to dry, and I got stung on the left index finger by a wasp that was in it! Ow!

Two days later, my finger is still puffy and itchy. This morning I finally fell to the temptation of the continual prickly itchiness, and scratched like crazy. Which was a mistake, because that made it swell up more. Since I control my yarn with my left index finger when I knit, I am knitting less and even slower than usual.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I just thought I'd leave a quick comment. I love this doily, it's so pretty and "suntastic." I've never thought about lace knitting, but after seeing this, I'm considering it. Thank you for your wonderful blog, I really enjoy it.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Beautiful! I just love the color too.

Peggy in Utah

2:49 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Thanks, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on it. I might have to consider deciphering my notes and posting what's in the rounds between the increase rows!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter