Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 August 2006

Finally

My camera is finally back from annual training!

And I am finally putting up a new post.

It took about four tries to get a photo of my "Sampler M" that was nearly "in focus". I had forgotten how far away you have to hold this camera.

Some of the Sampler M patterns have a rib in between each repeat, and a purl welt separates each pattern. I'm finding that the sampler is not curling up as much as some of my swatches.

I also finally finished casting off my purple socks and hid the ends. But they are in the laundry, since I find that a wash makes them look more like "real socks".

Also in the "finally" category, my husband finally finished his third and last two-week annual training session of the summer, just in time for summer to be almost over.

We went to the beach together, but I forgot to check the water temperature. It was COLD! It was so cold, the veins in my feet clenched up like an "ice cream headache". Ow. In fact, it was so cold that the little creek that runs into Lake Michigan felt warmer than the lake. I can't remember that ever happening before.

Tonight at 7pm is the August meeting of the West Michigan Lace Group, held at the Byron Township Library, 8191 Byron Center Ave., Byron Center, Michigan. Those of us who are demonstrating at the Michigan Fiber Festival will make our final plans.

If you are looking for maps to the fiber festival, the address of the Allegan County fairgrounds is 150 Allegan County Fair Drive, Allegan, Michigan. That address should bring up a map of Allegan if you put it into your favorite mapping service.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter