Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



13 September 2006

Sampler M, Almost Caught Up

I was a little behind on my Sampler M, but I am almost caught up now! These are patterns 9 and 10. I have a row or two more of 10 to finish, then I can start pattern 11, "Twin Leaves", and I will be caught up before pattern 12 comes out this weekend.

This is from the Yahoo group "KnitalongSamplerM" ("Join" button in the sidebar), where we are knitting the patterns from a sampler found in a Dutch antique market. The group is based in the Netherlands, so most posts are in Dutch, but the patterns are available in English, and with a photo and chart.

I am knitting my sampler with US size 0 knitting needles and some unlabelled crochet-weight thread. But if you want to see one knitting in miniature, take a look at Marian'ne's! It is so tiny -- how darling!

Other things still on the needles are my fiber-festival socks, the new Pi bag I'm knitting from old wool thrums, the tiny pearl cotton bag -- what else? (The computer is now farther away from my knitting, so I can't just look at the fiber-y heap and remember my projects.)

We have been planning to go to the county fair today or tomorrow, but the weather forecast today says: "Rain showers likely and isolated thunderstorms until midday ... then rain showers likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

I don't think corn dogs and carnival rides are enough of a draw to get my husband out in rain showers!

Tomorrow's forecast says: "Areas of fog early in the morning then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds around 5 mph."

That's more like it! Soon I'll know if any of the things I entered took any ribbons. Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter