Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



08 September 2006

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Okay, it wasn't really my summer vacation, it was Labor Day weekend. We needed something quick to take to a meeting of the local Society for Creative Anachronism group, so I made two pans of my "Easy Baking Cocoa Brownies".

I made one to take with, and one for us, because don't you hate it when the only time you make good stuff is to take it away somewhere? I do!

And since it was a cool day and I was obviously in a baking mood, I finally made the quart of blackberries that were still waiting in the refrigerator into a pie. (The pie in this photo is waiting for the oven to heat from the 350 degrees F. for the brownies up to 400 for the pie.)

I managed to take a marginal picture of the ribbing on the socks I'm knitting from the yarn I bought at the Michigan Fiber Festival. This is the back of the ankle, with the ribs moving to the center and meeting at a point. They are K 3, P 1 ribs, and every five rows I bump the purl stitch one to the center.

One reason I really like moving ribs is that it makes it easy for me to keep count. Instead of counting the 40 rows one by one to make sure I have the same on both socks, I only need to count five rows at a time. And it is quick and easy to count how many times the rib has moved (9 so far).

I am two patterns behind on my Sampler M, so I'm looking forward to catching up on it today. Happy knitting!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter