Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



30 November 2006

Geeky Weather Link

or, just in case I am buried in ice tomorrow, my power lines go down, and I [gasp!] can't update my blog:

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Weather Service has a lovely geeky page entitled "Area Forecast Discussions".

Basically, this is a page where the meteorologists discuss the short & long term weather forecasts for their areas, how much they trust the computer weather simulations, and whether or not those simulations are agreeing with each other, or with themselves from run to run.

The "Grand Rapids, MI" one covers most of the southwest part of the state.

Where else can I read limpid prose like "VERY STRONG UPR DIVERGENCE IS PROGGED AND OMEGA VALUES ARE REALLY IMPRESSIVE... ON THE ORDER OF 25-40 MICROBARS/SEC!" ?

Anyway. We'll see if this is a real storm, or one of those "Ha! Missed me!" storms.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

I vote for the "Ha! Missed me!" storm. Or at least have the ice change to snow before the trees start coming down.

(I'm in VanBuren County)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Thistle Cove Farm said...

Great name...Lost Arts Studio...eleven years ago I started the Lost Arts Guild in southwest Virginia, and, for a similar reason. My mother said when I started spinning, "oh, that's a lost art".

When you've got a bit of time, please visit Fiber Femmes e-zine - www.fiberfemmes.com

Sandra

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter