Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



27 November 2006

Nice Weather, Not Much Knitting

Nice weather means I don't stay indoors and knit much. I try to get in a row or two of spiral ribbing (spiralling opposite ways on these socks), then I go outdoors.

Yesterday I snipped at the raspberry canes, removing this past year's dead canes and trimming some of next year's, and chopped down the yearly mulberry sprouts.

We have only a couple of days left of this before the weather switches from "Highs in the upper 50s" to "Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s." so we are taking full advantage of it to do outside stuff. And I have the thorn scratches to prove it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter