Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



07 November 2006

Thrifty Goodness

I love thrift stores, but they are as fatal to a stash diet as a specialty chocolate shop to a food diet.

Six balls of DMC Cebelia, size 10, in various pink shades, for 50 cents each. A little blue ball, 25 cents. A whole baggie of vintage tatting thread for 50 cents. Two size 1 (the 2.25mm size 1) dpns for 50 cents. A tube of five US size 3 dpns for 50 cents.

What am I going to do with it? I dunno, that's why it's called "stash".

PS, if you are in the US and haven't already, don't forget to vote!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter