Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



03 December 2006

New Snow, New Buttons, New Socks

The weather has turned cold now that it's December. Today's high is supposed to be in the 20s, about -5 C. On the Lake Michigan shore, we are getting some lake-effect snow, soft, feathery flakes.

I finally edited my blog template to add Bloglines and Technorati subscription/favorites buttons to the left sidebar. Editing the template is not on my list of favorite things to do, which is why I read a whole list of blogs but only once in a while add them to the sidebar.

I'm making good progress knitting the "Blue Mist" socks (that's the Wool-Ease yarn color). This time I turned the toes for a little variety.

I just read in the newspaper that not only does chicken soup help ease congestion when you're sick, people who were chilled in an experiment by putting their feet in cold water were more likely to get sick afterwards than unchilled people. I love that chicken soup does make you feel better, but I hate that getting cold makes you more likely to get sick!

For years I've been saying that getting cold doesn't give you a cold. Now researchers find out it does?! Remind me to wear my warm handknitted socks! And a hat! And my scarf!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer AKA Pumpkinhead said...

Hi,
I know how you feel about playing with blog templates. While on one hand I would love to have a blog exactly to my liking, sometimes it's just not worth the frustration.

Interesting that I seem to be coming across alot of sock knitters who are doing the toe turn method. hmmm. Guess it might be time to try it. Would just need to make sure to do two at once, as i have been suffering from a case on onesies.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter