Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



16 May 2007

Valdani Bag Progress

It occurred to me while I was looking for posts that had photos of the Valdani bag that I have a new camera! One that can take close-up pictures!

So over the next week or so, I'll take a few pictures of projects in progress, where I have felt hampered by Mr. Snapshot's inability to take a decent picture. Now it will just be my inability to take a decent picture.

The Valdani bag is waiting for me to decide how I want to close it. It's about as long as I want, but I haven't decided if it's going to be eyelets and drawstrings, a flap, or what.

The Weather

Brrrr! It went from 73 degrees F yesterday afternoon down to 42 degrees this morning (23 C. to 6). Right now it is damp and chilly out. The weather forecast says highs in the upper 50's and overnight lows in the 40's, and you know what I say to that: "Knitting weather!"


And Crazy Dog Stuff

Ajax has just been a nutball this spring. (For scale, he weighed 106.5 pounds at the vet Monday, and those are 16-inch-square tiles.)

First, he pawed at the window he had already cracked last fall and completely broke it. Luckily for him, he cracked the glass but it all stayed in place. He was so lucky. If it had fallen out -- if he had put his paw into the cracked open glass -- it just gives me the cold shivers. However, he didn't, and I replaced the pane with a sheet of acrylic.

Yesterday I came home from taking The Child to school, and Ajax had taken a not-quite-empty soup can off the cupboard and chewed it! I kid you not, the can looked like someone had taken it out and shot at it for target practice.

I hauled his mouth open and checked for damage: nothing. Not a scratch anywhere in his mouth. Tongue, lips, gums, nothing. Then I looked at the big honkin' tooth holes through that can and thought what a good thing it is that he believes I'm the boss. You would not ever want bite marks like that in your leg.

I should probably add that Ajax has "issues" when it comes to getting enough to eat, and with being left. He was a dumped-off puppy, and when we first got him, he would eat stones. Which I found out as he ingested the smooth rocks under the downspout that I had collected over the years off the Lake Michigan beach: after he was done, I didn't really want them back.

Apparently when I leave out the door, some days he worries that it's for good, and decides to forage for himself. But it has been very hard to catch him in the act: he never does it if anyone is home, no matter where they are in the house, or even if everyone is outdoors and out of sight. It's only if we actually leave in the car or cars.

I know we have to set him up, leave something out, drive off, and sneak back so we can catch him in the act. But so far, this has proved very hard, because most times he just snoozes. Then he up and does something like this:

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

WOW!! I can't believe he chewed the can like that. Since I have a pekingnese (lap dog) which would probably be your dog's chew toy I couldn't imaging getting home and finding anything remotely close to that can. LOL. Poor baby, he just thinks your never coming back. Maybe if you gave him a treat before you leave he might equate it with a good experience instead of being dumped.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter