Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



09 May 2007

The Lost Art of Building Bridges

Some days I get sent an article that just astounds me:
New York Times article about Incan suspension bridges.

Wow. Humans. Give 'em string and they're dangerous.

In other news, we've decided that one of the things we are going to use part of the tax refund on is not yarn or books, but a decent digital camera. Or maybe I should say that after over a year of listening to my grumbling about Mr. Snapshot, our current camera, my husband said, "Why don't you take some of the tax refund and buy a camera you like?"

Cameras are being looked at, dithering is being done. Soon I'll be paging through a new manual and taking dog-hair-revealing close-ups of my knitting.

I got kind of burned out on the double-knitting color work knit-along, what with having to deal with our son's elbow injury and get ready for a demo we'd never done before, and I'm still recharging on that one.

One thing I know about myself is that if I push something too hard, I turn mulish, even if I'm the one doing the pushing. So I'll try to sneak the double knitting in there. Ooo! And maybe even with better photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter