Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



18 May 2007

Silly Cereal-Box Sayings

I love words and playing with words, and the tricks played with words by advertisers often amuse me.

I had a coupon for a free box of a breakfast cereal called "Kashi GoLean Crunch" (GoLean, that would be a native of GoLea?), a cereal I would probably never go out and buy, devoted as I am to the good cheap cereals sold at my local Aldi's store.

But free is even cheaper, so after I got my van back yesterday, I did some fill-in grocery-shopping as long as I was in town (with gas up to $3.41 a gallon, I'm not wasting a mile even when I get 24 mpg) and added the "GoLean" cereal to my shopping cart.

Amusing Ingredient of the Day: "Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals".

I about laughed milk out my nose.

I guess that would make this spring's maple syrup "Evaporated Tree Sap Concentrate".

No sugar here, folks, move along, nothing to see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hahahaa.

I love me some evaporated cane juice crystals.

And I know a chemist who is going to laugh his hed off at this one.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

oh good grief. What will they think of next? No. Don't answer that!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter