Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 September 2007

Just Call Me Madam President

I spent most of the morning waiting for a phone call that never came, most of the afternoon running errands (pick up heartworming medication, drop off recycling, gas up the van and add air to the front tire, and have batteries replaced in two different watches, and so on).

I spent the early evening installing the new timer and speed control board that came in the mail in my front-loading washing machine, and putting the front console, the top, the back access panel, and the front kick panel back on.

IT WORKS!

But last night I went to the West Michigan Lace Group meeting and went and got myself elected president. Oops.

And because I believe in doing things that make me feel like I'm all thumbs and will never figure this (whatever the "this" is this time) out, I'm joining Julie's Strikke-along (snazzy button in the sidebar) Lite. I'm thinking Scandinavian mittens.

Oh. And this is Post 499. I wonder what I'm going to do tomorrow. . .

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Congratulations on fixing the washing machine!! Woo-hoo!

Ahem. I mean, Woo-hoo, Madam President! :-)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Georgie said...

I'm very impressed at your washing-machine savvy! Don't suppose you fancy having a go at our dishwasher - it died last night :-(

Congrats on the President-ship - I think!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

It's kind of fun to see my buttons all over the internet... they're popping up in places I least expect them.

Madam President.


Tee hee.

9:26 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Ms. President, well aren't we climbing the social status bar, first your certificate officially announcing you "Lady Alwen" and now "Ms President" and you can fix a washing machine to boot. hehe Good for you!! You might want to take a look at this blog for some scan design the mitten are reallly cool looking http://saralamb.blogspot.com

11:08 AM  
Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Oh please, who wants to be president when you can be QUEEN! Long live the Queen! Bravo on fixing the washer, you are my heroine!

Georgie, I often jest that the way to cause me true stress is to tell me the dishwasher is broken. My deepest sympathies!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter