Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



17 October 2007

What I Did on My "Off" Day

As opposed to day off.

In the morning I did nothing for about four hours except spell words like "when" with two "n"s.

In the afternoon and evening I managed to pick up the child from school, print out Miss Frances Lambert's My Knitting Book (1843), and cast off my socks.

I printed card-stock covers for both series of Ladies' Knitting and Netting Books, since the paper ones were already showing wear.

And now that the sets of knitting needles that were in these socks were free, I'll be able to start the second Strikke-Along mitten cuff on them, before I forget what I did.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

Those are beautiful socks. I had to laugh at your purchase of the micrometer because we were at a flea market not too long ago and my husband insisted he needed one because "you never know when you want to really measure something".

12:36 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Stunning socks! Donna Lee, would your husband be an engineer by any chance?

1:23 PM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Love the socks they look nice an toasty. For your book cover have you thought about laminating it or try clear contact paper I did one of my pattern books that was printed on an ink jet that way.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice socks...

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter