Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



08 October 2007

Weather Post

subtitle: I think I'll knit Wednesday!

Today: Highs in the mid 80s.
Tonight: Lows in the upper 50s.

Tuesday: Highs around 70.
Tuesday night: Lows in the upper 40s.

Wednesday: Highs in the upper 50s.
Wednesday night: Lows in the mid 40s.

All temperatures are Fahrenheit. For the metric among us, 70 F. is about 21 C., and 80 F. is about 27 C.

Just for reference, in the last five years or so, we've had snow in October here in Michigan. One year I got out of bed and saw snow with beautiful autumn leaves in circles underneath the big trees.

This year we have scorched green leaves still on the trees.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Yes! Weird weather here, too. I'm not a big fan of the cold, so I'm not complaining and I'm trying not to think about how global warming is probably responsible...

11:59 AM  
Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

It is gorgeous, isn't it! However, a tiny amendment is in order I think. We had snow in October last year, but it didn't stick around. Then we didn't have any till late December or January! We had 70 degree days in November! It's pleasant but I worry about what global warming is going to do to all the fruit farmers around here.

p.s. to Alwen, Dutch Oven safely returned! ;-)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

Snow and autumn leaves would be lovely. I'm ordering strict instructions for photos if that happens again! Hell, post photos anyway. I want to see autumn in Michigan!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

That's far too warm. We're getting your cool weather, it is so cold here I've had the heat on in the house long before I should have, and my hot water bottle is my friend.

This looks like an expensive winter.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I should be thankful for the warm weather because we don't have to light the heater but there's something wrong with 87 degrees in October. Tomorrow, we are supposed to be more normal. They keep telling me, tomorrow.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter