Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



06 October 2007

Thanks for all the Lovely Good Wishes

The weather was warm and sunny, not autumn-ish at all, and so I spent the morning with a fuzzy angora sweater in my lap, converting it back to yarn. In all, 14 ounces, not 11.

I'd already gotten a Michigan Fiber Festival t-shirt and Galina Khmeleva's pattern for her lily of the valley shawl from my mother, but she (er, my mother, not Galina) called and said she would bake me a cake!

I did have to take my van in for an oil change, not the most fun thing to do for your birthday, but more fun than letting the engine seize, I guess.

I'm at an age where I don't really look for the pile of lovely pressies (where would I put 'em?), but I do treat myself a bit. In the last week, I bought some Lindt chocolate, one dollar's worth of knitting needles at the thrift store (10 cents each, so five pairs), and two sweaters' worth of yarn.

Oh, and look: I "won" 10 million pounds:

THIS IS FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of £10,600,000.00GBP (Ten Million Six Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the codicil and last testament of the deceased. (Name now withheld since this is our second letter to you). We contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance.

We therefore reckoned that you could receive these funds as you are qualified by your name identity. All the legal papers will be processed in your acceptance. In your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents at our high court probate division for the release of this sum of money.

Please contact me via my private email: so that we can get this done immediately.

Kind regards,

Mr. JOHN MAX.


I would scamper right off and answer him so I can start rolling in my money, but unfortunately I'll be at Vineyard Raids IV in Paw Paw, Michigan, instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter