Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



10 January 2008

I Love My Fiber Arts Guild

And one of the things I love about my fiber arts guild is that the members do so many different interesting things that they are willing to share.

Last night's program was bead embroidery on fabric. We each got a kit with beads, fabric, needle, etc. to make a circle of beaded fabric to cover a button form.

The beautiful red button in progress is not my work -- it is one many buttons by the member teaching the class. Along with finished buttons, she brought beaded pins, ornaments, cards, and a gorgeous beaded purse.

I have quantities of beads in my stash from using them in tatting. Up until now, I've been able to resist buying more because of how few I use compared to how many I've bought.

Now how am I supposed to discourage myself from buying more beads?!? Because it looks like I need more sizes and colors, not fewer.

She blogs at Crackpot Quilters and promises to put up pictures of work from the class.

Meanwhile, here is the elegant quilted, beaded bag she brought to show us:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Oh, great. I was just starting to get into beads again, and you go and show me these. Like I need another craft obsession.

Seriously, they are spectacular.

4:23 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Oh gorgeous (I've been resisting beads -I'm like Lucia) so pretty! Must no weaken! Must not weaken!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Georgie said...

Not you too? First Amy with the books, now you with the beads! They are very lovely and its a very tempting idea.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter