Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 September 2008

Finished Siebmacher Stag

He is done! This is the back of the double-knitted stag.

And yes, we are having our get-together and camp-out this weekend. We are all getting over our colds, yay! And having sunshine this weekend, double yay!

My husband is off to buy a duck. I love saying that.

Anyway, there are really things I need to be doing other than blogging. See you, probably tired, Monday.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Unfortunately, I think your cold came to rest at my house. My husband is home from work, coughing his face off and sounding like Lauren Bacall.

You're really making me want to try double-knitting!

11:17 AM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

This is so beautiful, you have done such a great job! Off to buy a duck - isn't that a bird that sais quack quack.. Is he gonna buy an alive one? You have a great weekend!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Gorgeous stag! And it sounds like you're also getting good weather and good health to go with it :) Now I just want to know -- a live duck to raise, or a dead one to eat?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Have a wonderful, cold-free weekend! Our weather is supposed to be just about perfect, I hope yours is as well.
The stag is beautiful! I love the colors.

11:41 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

OK, I'll bite. Why a duck?

The knitting is stunning! Have a swell weekend!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Just beautiful!!!

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter