Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



09 September 2008

Almost Done

So what did I do?

I hid in a box.


I started a pair of socks.


And I took pictures of a hummingbird.


In the rain.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

No sense in rushing these things, and besides, you should take pictures of hummingbirds whenever you can.

5:19 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Hehe, there is always time for other things than knitting, even if that some times feels like a waist of time... You are doing well, it looks so pretty!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Looks like you've caught my affliction - I've got a serious case of procrastination. Combined with startitis. Very nasty indeed!

(hee hee, love the photo in the box!)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

For a minute, I thought I heard shades of Dr. Seuss. "I hid in a box, and started some socks"! It takes a quick hand to catch a hummingbird! Good shot.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Bells said...

Alwen in a Box. That is so funny.

Lovely looking hummingbird too!

7:21 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Very Seussical! excellent procrastination.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I see you've been busy! It's tough finding the time to hide in boxes these days.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Are we avoiding the end stage? I know how that goes :)

6:41 PM  
Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

this post made me smile. i like the color contrast in the socks, they look like fun knitting.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter