Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



21 January 2009

Sunny Day Dance

Monday and yesterday we had sun!

But don't worry. All the snow did not melt. The high temperature yesterday was still only 19 degrees F (-7 C).

Today it's a balmy 24 F (-4 C) so far, and I am almost through the heel turn on the latest pair of socks.

I really have to cut back on the socks for myself. When I hung dry laundry on the drying rack by the soapstone stove just now, I had eight pairs of handknit socks hanging there.

Now, what to do with all this sock yarn?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

I'm not sure I see the problem??!! The more socks you have, the longer they last! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Knit - R - Done said...

Weave it. Weave a machine-washable blanket in strips.

Or send it to me and I'll weave it.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Walden said...

There is no such thing as too many hand made socks!

8:03 PM  
Blogger  Lona said...

Ahem. One can NOT have too many hand knit socks. That's just crazy talk.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Umm, looking at all that snow, I'd say that you need *more* handknit socks, not less! :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That's a problem? I was thinking I need more drawer space because handknit socks take up more space. I wear each and every pair and love them all. Your new ones are great colors.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Gorgeous short-row heel!

1:42 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Gloves and mittens. Hats and scarves. Knit a moebius. (too many hand-knit socks? Do I have anything you would like to trade for? I hate knitting socks!)

Hooray for sun! And what do cats and small dogs do for bathroom facilities when the snow gets that deep?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Bells said...

Sorry? Cut back on socks? Why?

FABULOUS snow photos!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter