Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



02 June 2009

Revenge of the Weasel Queen!

Oh, wait. Wrong website. Revenge of the Weasel Queen is over here.

Although I've ridden my own personal waves of volubility and stillness for long enough to know that wave rolls in and wave rolls out, I realize it makes for boring blog reading.

So besides reading Girl Genius, here are a couple of the fun places I'm going when I'm not posting:

Fiddle and pins
The blog of Debi Gliori, author of the Pure Dead books. I found one of these in the so-called "Young Adult" section of my library and had to order the rest via the library co-op. Some of the US titles are different from the UK ones. I love a book that is fast and funny and complex enough that I can't guess where it's going.

Raion Taiko
A kodo drummer from Michigan living in Japan and playing drums. loves drums

Oh, boy! I just got an email from Deb DeRose and the South Haven yarn shop, Needle in a Haystack, saying that they are having a trunk show/shop party this Friday from 5 to 8 pm with Joe Raffino of South West Trading Company. You know, SWTC?

Except darn, it looks like my husband will probably have to leave for his drill that evening.

Maybe that will be one of the fun places I go, we'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Thanks for the book recommendations! Those look like books both my older daughter and I would enjoy. I hope you get to go to the trunk show after all :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

I am so hooked on Girl Genius! Thanks for tuning me on to this fun fest!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Oh please go to the Trunk Show! and take pics, so we can live vicariously!! Those things just don't happen here!!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Girl Genius is one of my all time favorites. I want to be Agatha when I grow up.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter