Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



16 April 2009

The Week in Review


It's spring. Time has gone and sped up on me again. Last week got away completely!

So let's see, what did I do?

Oh, yes, I finally sat down and did the taxes. I e-filed for the first time last year, which meant I didn't get the big instruction book in the mail to nag remind me about them. Which didn't make any difference, because when I saved the .PDF copies, I found that I did them on the same day last year as this year.

Friday we had a canton meeting for our local SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) group. It was very small, since a lot of people were either getting ready to go see relatives or cleaning in anticipation of hosting visiting relatives over Easter weekend. But we had tacos. I ate three.

On the way we saw the Adopt-A-Highway sign on I-94 for the Zombie Prom Date Knitters. I drove, so I didn't get a picture, but it's real! Unfortunately, the Michigan Department of Transportation is going to be spraying their section of highway in April, and sent them a notice not to do the scheduled April trash pick-up.

That section of highway really, really needed a trash pick-up, so if you are driving on I-94 in Michigan, it's not the Zombie Prom Date Knitters' fault it looks so bad! They were all psyched and pscheduled to clean it up, and now they have to wait until the next scheduled sweep in July.

Saturday we turned these:


into these:


And we took the child off to an Easter egg hunt. The morning was sunny, so they held the hunt outdoors, but whew! was that wind cold after a while! By the time the kids were done, I was freezing. I was glad to get into my sun-heated car and sit on the warm dark charcoal upholstery.

Easter Sunday the child hunted eggs in our yard, and again at his uncle's house. We spent a lot of time driving and then eating at various relatives' houses. We had a sunny, pleasant Easter and I got to see my almost-8-month-old niece and talk to two of my brothers.

Yesterday I took one of the cars in for maintenance and then we went to the library.

Christel has been languishing for the past week, waiting for me to get back to her. Hopefully I'll have a new picture tomorrow!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

The child appears to have had an eggciting Easter.

10:25 AM  
Blogger amy said...

Quite a productive week!! Isn't it nice to see growing things again?

11:09 AM  
Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

My crocuses have sent up their green shoots but no blossoms yet, sigh. In the city they are all up and pretty much over.

Can't wait to tell E. about the Zombie Prom Date Knitters! Did you know he is a HUGE zombie fan?

Lastly, I just realized my children are deprived, I don't think they have ever been on an Easter egg hunt! (Hangs head in shame! Shame!)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Awww, pretty eggs.

I may color some next year just for the fun of it, even if the husband-thing laughs at me!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend all the way around (especially those tacos, mm...). I love the name of that knitting group!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

I love getting into the sun heated car when it's chilly outside. I could sit there all day sometimes!

The eggs look great.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

Pretty crocus photo. Pretty eggs! Not so pretty tax...

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter