Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



15 March 2011

Progress Report

It's been a while since I took a photo of Glöckchen!

My camera batteries are low, and our battery charger is acting up. We really need a new charger.

Glöckchen is getting bigger than my circular needle, so I can't easily stretch it out to show the leaves and flowers any more.

I am just past the point of endless hex mesh and on to starting the border rows. It's such a beautiful pattern, 564 stitches in a round at this point (row 119, I think this is).

That's mostly what I'm doing when I'm not wasting time on Twitter.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yup. That's a Niebling, and you are crazy.

Takes one to know one.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

8:59 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

You are anothe species altogether. I stand in awe!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

That is gorgeous! It looks like some sort of sea creature in your photo.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It's so big. I love the way it's coming out and can't wait to see the finished piece.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, my goodness! Now THAT is some lace knitting!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter