Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 November 2011

House Cleaning

Unlocks door of blog, walks in, throws open the window curtains, blows the worst of the dust off, and gets out the broom

Hi! I aten't dead!

It's been a while, hasn't it - in October, I helped make an SCA event (Vineyard Raids) happen and went to the Netherlands with my husband, son, and mother for two weeks.

Since we got back, I've been getting over six hours' worth of jet lag, catching up on the news, and adjusting to the incredible gray and brown contrast to the green of the Netherlands.

I keep meaning to put up some pictures and things, and seeing we've been back for over two weeks now, maybe I ought to get on that, huh?

What should I blog about?

9 Comments:

Blogger  Lona said...

Oooh! Pictures of Holland, please! (I had to laugh at how you called it the Netherlands. Only people in West Michigan call it the Netherlands!)

Did you see any fiber stuff in Holland?

What did you knit during travel time?

And maybe a post on the SCA event. Does that get the bloggy juices flowing?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Yes, pls tell us all about the Netherlands! I have been there once, for a couple of days, a long time ago. I am sure I missed lots of good stuff!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Otherkin said...

I agree that a travelogue of your visit to the Netherlands would be awesome. If you have pictures you'd be OK to share, all the better!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Travel photos! Get out the projector and I'll get some popcorn and you can show us your vacation pics.

(My parents were infamous for making everyone sit through their travel photos!)

8:07 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Ohh, yes! Holland, SCA, and your latest projects. What did you do on the plane?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

Glad you're not dead!

And I can't wait to hear about the trip.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

I'm guilty of using my blog to impose lots of travel photos on people.... bring them on! I'm interested in the SCA event too.

I call it the Netherlands - Holland is quicker to say, but really only one region, right?

3:38 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Pictures of the Netherlands, for sure! I love vicarious travel (I love the real thing, too, but vicarious works) :) Glad you made it there and back safe and sound.

8:00 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

agrees - photos from Holland. I travel vicariously through my friends.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter