Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



30 June 2011

Summer Adventures

Our most recent summer adventure was our annual pilgrimage to Origins (Origins Game Fair), but just before that, we had a kitten adventure.

The child and I were getting in the car when we heard a sound: "Mew. Mew. Mew. Mew. Mew," coming from the edge of the driveway.

A pair of catbirds nested in one of the yew bushes by the house this year, and they are incredible mimics, so my first thought was, "Wow, that catbird sounds exactly like a cat!"

But I walked over to the rain-sodden irises anyway, and found this:
A smallish, rain-soaked, hungry and alone kitten, around five or six weeks old.

If it was just up to me, I would be happy to add a kitten to the household. But my husband does not like cats. Not even when they are as cute as this:

I probably wouldn't let that stop me, especially when faced with this,
except . . . Ajax likes cats perhaps altogether too much, but not in a cute-photo-of-kitten-snuggling-under-dog-chin way.

More of a tasty-animated-snack-food-on-legs way.


So we had to find a safer home for the kitten, and quickly! Before we left for Origins.

Luckily for the kitten, one of the first people my husband called to ask if they knew anyone looking for a kitten, was looking for one himself. Wow. That was one lucky little kitten.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

Awww, glad you were able to find a home for the little fella/lady!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, rescued kitteh!

I would have had a hard time resisting such a cutey even if I am ridiculously allergic.

And Oreo gets along better with cats than he does other dogs...

10:00 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Oh. break my heart! Those are precious baby kittyphotos, and when you follow them with, "snack on legs" I want to fly to your house this instant and snatch that darling to safety. SOOOO glad you found her a home!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Ah, I do love a happy ending! (I guess it wasn't Ajax's idea of a happy ending - but you can't please everyone)

3:12 AM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

Aww... what a cutie.

Love cats. Love t hem. Except for this morning, when mine were utter pains in the butt. (puking, knocking stuff over, fighting, etc)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter