Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



31 May 2011

Vignette Out My Window

Just before 8pm last night, my husband called to me, "There's a deer out there!"We see deer tracks all the time, and often boot them out when we take walks on our nature loop, but we don't generally see them in the daytime.


Then he said, "What is it doing?"It was licking the piece of plywood that my deerhunting relatives put up to hold shooting targets.


It didn't take any notice of me in the house taking pictures at all.But Truffles got a huge thrill out of running out of the house (inside the fence) and chasing it off!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Maybe it's mineral deficient. Drop a salt lick just over the property line onto you'r neighbor's place and see how fast it disappears.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We are experiencing an influx of deers. I have lived in this area most of my life and never saw a deer so close to my home as I have in the past year.

Along with them comes the hawks and vultures. It's like one of those Disney movies where the animals all move along somewhere to escape the fire/construction/hunters. Although, the rabbits that were already here could do without the hawks I imagine.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Splinters in the tongue? Ouch.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter