Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



07 May 2011

URL Alphabet Meme

URL Alphabet Meme, via Denise at Jejune's Place.

You know how your web browser can auto-fill in a URL for you as you start typing? Here's what comes up in my browser for each letter.

A: Area Forecast Discussion from the local weather service office
B: Google Books, no surprise there!
C: The home page of the aforementioned NWS office
D: Blogger Dashboard
E: US Geological Survey Earthquake page 5.0 and over
F: Facebook
G: Google
H: The page of the local Freecycle group I co-moderate
I: Google Images
J: A local webcam looking out on the channel into Lake Michigan
K: The weather station (are you seeing a pattern here?) of a local airport
L: The Girl Genius livejournal site
M: Yahoo Mail
N: North Central US weather radar
O: Home page of Origins Game Fair
P: Discussion page of a Ravelry group I frequently read
Q: The earthquake page again (see E)
R: Ravelry!
S: The webcam from J
T: Twitter
U: Another Ravelry group page
V: The Vaisala Humidity Calculator
W: Another weather page
X: XKCD
Y: YouTube
Z: A friend of mine on Twitter

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger  Lona said...

Hmm...could be worse. You're a weather geek who likes yarn.

I did it, too, just for fun. Interesting.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, how fun! I, too, notice the weather/yarn pattern. (And I had to laugh about your comment on my blog - as much as I hate 7% humidity, I find 80% much, MUCH worse!)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Excellent list — you *do* have a lot of weather links, there, LOL!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

I just did the same thing for the heck of it, and discovered that most of mine are travel sites, or yarn sites. The only exception were the sites I use to pay bills. :)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter