Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



03 April 2011

RIP Diana Wynne Jones

I was going to post that April is Poetry Month, and then I heard that author Diana Wynne Jones died last Saturday.

I just re-read Dark Lord of Derkholm in January. When I went online to see what new books of hers I might have missed, I learned of her struggle with cancer.

Gah. I'm going to miss her.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Olivia said...

I've never read anything of hers and now with all the tributes flowing in, I really want to. Any recommendations where to start?

5:49 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I never read that one but Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorites.

8:40 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

If you live long enough, everyone you used to admire dies. that's why it's important to keep finding new people to admire.

And all my doctors are younger than I am now.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Katie K said...

I stumbled upon your blog through ravelry. thanks for the mention of Diana Wynne Jones. I read her books with my daughter once upon a time.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter